Scrap prices change daily in response to market forces and can vary regionally. The information presented here is taken from the top two websites that publish the latest European scrap prices, and they are not real-time scrap prices. To remain on top of live scrap prices, you'll need to follow the links to the referenced websites and subscribe to them. Still, the prices here are current as of Fall 2019 and will give you an understanding of the latest trend in European scrap prices.
Prices are presented £/KG
- Aluminum: £0.35. Examples: Automobile Parts, Packaging; updated on 09/11/2017.
- Brass: £2.20. Examples: Artefacts, Ornaments, taps; updated on 10/04/2019.
- 316 Stainless Turnings: £0.80; updated on 10/02/2019.
- Bright Copper Wire: £4.05. Example: Stripped wire; updated on 04/10/2019.
- High-Grade PVC wire: £1.80. Examples: Large-single core Copper cable; updated on 29/11/2017.
- PVC Wire: £1.10. Example: Copper wire coated in PVC; updated on 02/10/2019.
- Aluminum Cable with Copper: £0.70. Example: High-quality coils, Headphone; updated on 14/09/2017.
- Low-Grade Cable: £0.55. Example: Electrical cables with steel; updated on 10/02/2019.
- Heavy Copper: £3.50. Example: Piping with solder joints, Pai; updated on 04/10/2019.
- Lead Wash Copper and Foamy Tanks: £2.20. Example: Lead washed, Insulated tanks; updated on 11/09/2019.
- Copper Tanks: £3.35. Example: Industrial/Domestic boilers; updated on 16/09/2019.
- Braziery Copper: £3.35. Example: Piping with solder joints; updated on 05/09/2019.
- Stainless steel turnings: £0.45. Example: 304 stainless turnings; updated on 02/10/2019.
- Motors: £0.20. Example: Electric motors; updated on 28/08/2019.
- Aluminum turnings: £0.20. Example: aluminum turnings; updated on 11/09/2019.
- Stainless Steel: £0.60. Example: Household I, Cooking equipment; updated on 02/10/2019.
- 316 Stainless Steel: £1.10. Normally used in chemicals; updated on 11/09/2019.
- Cast Iron and Steel: £0.10. Example: Tools, Building Materials, Car; updated on 13/09/2019.
- Lead: £1.25. Example: Old roofing lead, Lead piping; updated on 28/08/2019.
Greengate Metals provides live scrap metal prices at its Manchester Yard, but you must call them if you are looking for the most recent scrap prices. If you need live scrap prices, follow the link where you find their overseas number: 0-161-6434545. On their website, you'll also find their social media platforms, which you might want to follow.
Prices are presented $US / Tonne. Please note that to get the latest prices provided by ScrapMonster, you'll need to subscribe to their premium version.
- Mixed Aluminum Turnings: 600.00
- Aluminum Cuttings: 600.00
- UBC: 1250.00
- Old Cast: 1050.00
- 85/15 Brass Scrap: 3750.00
- 70/30 Brass Scrap: 3550.00
- Mixed Brass: 3550.00
- Brass Radiator: 2450.00
- Brass Cuttings: 3500.00
- #1 Insulated Copper Wire 85% Recovery: 1900.00
- #1 Copper Wire and Tubing: 5200.00
- #1 Copper Bare Bright: 6000.00
- #2 Copper Wire and Tubing: 4750.00
- Braziery Copper: 4400.00
- Copper Tube: 5200.00
- Copper Radiators: 2650.00
- Copper Dry Bright: 6000.00
- Lead-Solid Lead: 1800.00
- Lead Scrap: 1800.00
- Lead Batteries: 820.00
- Scrap Auto Batteries: 820.00
- #1 HMS: 170.00
- Cast Iron Scrap: 150.00
- Grade 1 Old Steel (#1 5 ft): 160.00
- Grade 2 Old Steel (#2 2ft): 155.00
- Structural Steel: 180.00
- Shredded Auto Scrap: 130.00
- Sheet Metal: 100.00
- Grade OA Structural Plate: 180.00
- New Zinc Die Cast: 800.00
- 304 SS Solid: 1070.00
The Bottom Line
If you work in (or interested in becoming involved in) the scrap metal business, there are numerous websites that frequently update scrap price information. It's also recommended that you read the web's update on U.S. scrap prices that post the most prices in the U.S.